Monday, September 22, 2008

Old Friends, Good Times

The girls and I traveled to Harrison this weekend to stay with some of our good friends, the Shrums.  My dear friend, Dixie, must have known I needed a much needed reprieve from single life in a new town.  I enjoyed myself immensely and the getaway refreshed my spirits.  It truly did.  Megan and Anna loved seeing and playing with Sydney, Blake, and Jacob as well.  Plus, we got to go to church and see all of our old friends there too, and even made it to Lucy Mae's birthday party (one of Anna's good little friends) before we left.  It was just a wonderful weekend and I'm very grateful!  Thanks, Dixie.

Jason got to come home briefly last week only to be sent back to Texas a few days later.  We're hoping he gets to come home soon.  

This weekend we're heading to Branson for my mom's 60th birthday.  We're all staying in a big cabin and I can't hardly wait for another fun weekend.  It will be so nice relaxing and visiting.  I know it will go by too quickly, though.  

Megan's still limping, but really is doing so much better.  I think by the end of this week she should be almost completely better.  At least, that's what I'm hoping for.  


5 comments:

Becke' said...

Glad you got to go "home!"

Liz said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I'm happy for you. Hope we get to come Saturday morning... all depends on whether Kenneth works or not.

Pam said...

I'm glad you had a great time at Dixie's. I'm sure it gave you a great break. Hopefully Jason will be home soon and there won't be anymore major hurricanes. We lost our power for about a day and a half when Ike came through.
We are going to keep the pool open all year and see how it goes this winter. It's supposed to be nice for the next few days so the boys will probably get in a little more.

Anonymous said...

I wish we could have been around to see you girls. We ended up staying at the river longer than we thought we would. I hope you and the girls have fun with your family this weekend, and we can't wait to see you next weekend!!! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

see I DO READ your blogs I just don't comment on it much SO Sorry maybe I will do better or shall I say I will TRY to comment more. I was glad to see you and miss you guys alot. Hope all is well

Love you
Amanda