Sunday, October 5, 2008

Update

Last weekend my family celebrated my mom's 60th birthday by meeting up in Branson and renting a 4 BR cabin.  It was really a great time all together.  We went swimming, played games, watched TV, went to see Noah, went out to eat, and went to SDC together.  It was great!  I love times like that.  I wish we could do it more often.  It just didn't last long enough.   I wish we'd had more time to visit and shop.  The weather was great while we were there too.  I forgot my camera bag again, so I don't have any photos to share.  But I'll always have the good memories!

Then the good times came to a quick halt.  I've been having problems with an umbilical hernia that I had surgery on two years ago.  Unfortunately, I ended up having it operated on again Tuesday.  And I'm just now coming out of the daze it's put me in.  I've had a really hard time coming back into reality.  But I remember it taking me almost a full week last time too.  The anesthesia is just hard for my body to handle.  At least this time I didn't puke my guts out for a week!  So, that's the update on where I've been.  


7 comments:

ac said...

I hope this is the last time you have to do this. Praying for you to feel better! Audrey

Anonymous said...

Hello, Kim!!!
Well, I feel like we just had a nice long chat and I got all caught up on what has been going on with you for the last few months! I just found your blog today (Jenni Kailey ran across it and told me). I actually found out a few weeks ago that you guys had moved. I emailed you and Kelly to tell you a couple of big things that have been going on with us the last few months and I heard back from her, but she told me I might not hear from you since you all had moved and your email address might have changed. My contact information (email & phone number) is still the same, so when you have a minute let me hear from you!
Hope to talk to you soon,
Shanda

Jenni said...

Hi Kim!!!
As Shanda said I came across your blog! I was so excited to see you on here and see what has been going on with you guys. I have a blog--but it is so full of nonsense. I would love to hear from you and catch up! :)

Jenni

Pam said...

Kim,
I hope you are starting to feel better. Has Jason made it home yet? I hope he's there to help.
I'm glad you had such a great time in Branson--we're planning on going in a couple of weeks.
Pam

Liz said...

We are praying your you!!! And we had a great time in Branson!!! :)

Becke' said...

praying for your FULL recovery this time! Maybe we can get together soon!

Dixie said...

Kim,

Sorry you have had such a rough time with the surgery recovery. I hope you are feeling much better now!