Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Canine Visitors


Anna and I walked Megan to school one day last week, and we were followed home by two of the cutest little dogs ever.  They must have been sisters.  They were still puppies with puppy breath and everything (how can you resist that?).  Anna was like a different person with them.  She just talked and talked to them.  Took great care of them and didn't want to stop playing with them.  So I agreed to let them in the back yard for a little while and gave them some water and scrap food.  Well, needless to say (even though I showed them the open gate) they were still there when Megan came home from school and when Jason came home from work.  He insisted we were NOT keeping those dogs.  I called the pound, but they never came.  The next morning, they woke up whining (hungry, I'm sure), but ended up wandering out into the front of the house before the girls woke up.  When Megan and Anna got up and realized they were gone, they were heart-broken.  They had grown to love those sweet little puppies.  

We just haven't had much luck with animals with the girls.  Jason and I had two dogs before the girls were born.  After Anna came along, we realized we just couldn't keep them because they did not do good with kids at all.  So my parents took them and still have them.  Then we got Addie in Harrison, but she didn't adjust well when we moved and snipped twice at kids so we had to give her away too.  Jason's mom is keeping her for now (but she may get sent to the pound) :(.   Anyway, that's why Jason says no more animals.  They're sweet when they're puppies, but they just don't seem to work out for us.  

When we got to Megan's school the next morning, there they were trying to get all the kids to love on them.  I guess they had followed someone else to school.  I hope they find a good home, b/c they sure were sweet.  At least we had fun for a day with them.  



1 comment:

Becke' said...

I had no idea you got rid of Addie. That breaks my heart. You guys may never want a big dog, but our golden retriever has NEVER snipped on the boys. They sit on her, take her bone away, and everything! She is the best thing for kids!