Tuesday, September 9, 2008

ER Trip

After school today, Megan and Anna invited two twin boys (neighbors that walked home with us) over to our house to have an ice cream snack and then play.  So we were all outside having a great time when Megan decided to jump off the ladder of her new swingset from too high with no shoes.  She fell to the ground and couldn't stand up.  She cried for almost an hour straight with her foot causing her tremendous pain.  So, I decided we needed to go to the doctor.  Long story short, at 8 o'clock we still hadn't seen the doctor and she was able to take a few steps by herself, so we headed back home.  I'm still having to carry her everywhere, but she couldn't even move it earlier today without crying out in pain, so I think it's getting a little better.  It's not swollen or bruised or anything.  I was just worried she had cracked a bone or something.  Anyway, we'll see how she is in the morning and may end up taking her to a regular clinic instead of the ER to have x-rays.  Pray with me that she'll be doing much better by morning.  A good night's rest can help a great deal.  And answered prayers can do the unimaginable and impossible.  

3 comments:

Pam said...

Kim--I certainly hope she is ok in the morning! I'm sure the trip to the ER was very frustrating having to wait that long.
Keep us posted.
Pam

Anonymous said...

How is she? Is Jason awol?
beck

Anonymous said...

Oh Kim! I have always had the fear of that happening. Bless your hearts and I will pray for a quick recovery. Keep us posted!
:) Shannon Booker - Okla! :)