Sunday, September 7, 2008

Single Mom

Jason has been so busy with work because of the hurricanes, I've been a single mom for the past week and a half.  And tomorrow he's getting ready to head back to Louisiana again.  So, instead of complaining of how hard it is, I'm going to list the positives.

-No one to impress with my looks.  I can wear pajamas and skip a shower if I want.  

-No one to impress with my cooking.  If we want grilled cheese three nights in a row, then that's what we'll do.

-No one to impress with house cleaning.  I can skip vacuuming this week, because I just feel like it.  

There are definitely positives, but we still miss Jason and we're all three ready for him to settle back into a daily routine with us.  Any time I get frustrated, I remember my dear friend of eleven years, Dawn.  She's in Seattle without a husband.  He left for a seven-month deployment after they had only lived there a few months.  She's got two children that do soccer, ice hockey, skating, and she home schools both of them too.  She definitely deserves a mom-of-the-year award.  If she can do it for seven months, I should be able to make it a few more weeks.  

Jason, thanks for working so hard and providing us with so much.  I pray God's blessings on you and the work you do.  We love you.


No comments: