Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Misc. Post

There's not a whole lot worth writing about happening around here, although a lot is going on...gymnastics, softball, Awanas, school.  

We're staying busy and continuing to adjust as hard as it may be.  Today was a rough day for me.  I just feel down and I'm missing home.  Plus I got a hair cut with a new lady, of course, and I don't like it at all.  I wish I hadn't gotten it cut at all.  I asked the Lord if we could just rewind my day for an hour and have a do-over.  :)  Ha!  

The girls started gymnastics yesterday and loved it.  Actually the girls were so good, they want to move them up a class.  I was impressed b/c Anna was the youngest in the class.  So Harrison friends-- the gymnastics there on Main Street is actually pretty good.  :)  

Megan continues to enjoy school.  Every day she says, "It was great!"

Anna and I have been able to walk her to school every day and either ride bikes to pick her up or walk....and I am loving that.  

It was so hot today, we had sprinkler fun this afternoon when Megan got home.  It was a good time to laugh together and play together....my soul needed the joy.

2 comments:

Dixie said...

Kim,

I hope you are doing better now. I understand how that is to be a bit "down and out". I had a really hard time, believe it or not, when we moved back to Harrison. Even though we had family here, it was hard being thrown into the "stay at home mom" role when I had no idea how to do that. You have gone through some big changes lately. Give yourself some time and with new friends, a new church home, and just overall getting used to your new life, things will get better.

Dixie said...

oh yeah, I'll be sure to tell Ms. Vicki about the girls' gymnastics success. She'll be pleased!