Thursday, August 21, 2008

Megan's First Day of School

This is right before we left for school. 


This is Megan at her desk.
This is Megan walking out after school.  You can tell she had a great day. 




Megan started school today.  She was so excited and never showed any sign of anxiety or worry.  She just walked right in and started talking with the girl next to her like she'd done this before. 

Things just weren't quite the same without her, but Anna and I enjoyed time together.  We traveled to Conway to meet a very good friend of mine, Becke' for lunch at Chick-fil-a.  It was a good time and nice to keep my thoughts elsewhere.  Then Anna and I stopped at Wal-Mart.  I have to admit, it was so much easier with just Anna.  We just really had a nice day together.  

Jason took off today, so we all walked to the school this afternoon to pick Megan up.  She had a great day and enjoyed all the activities and kids.  Sounded like everything went smoothly and she has a nice teacher.  

We made a "school bus" cake together and the three other kids on our street that are starting Kindergarten are supposed to come eat it with us in a little while.  

Here are some pics.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're such a great mom :) Emersyn said "I want Megan to come to my school". And then she said to me, "why didn't you make me a school bus cake for ME???" Glad you had some fun on this emotional day :) You're pics turned out great!

Becke' said...

I posted yesterday, but it didn't go through. What an awesome cake! I am impressed! You are always so good to do special things for your girls and make them feel so special. (You are like that as a friend, too!) Thanks for yesterday, it did my heart good!

Liz said...

You are such a special Mom! You do so much with and for the girls.. it is wonderful! I'm glad Megan is enjoying school!