Thursday, January 8, 2009

Dressing Room Nightmare

Let me share my experience shopping today.  I was kid free for a few hours (Megan's in school and Anna's at MDO), so I headed to Penney's to return a few things and shop for jeans.  Oh by the way, I've been shopping for jeans for the past month.  I am not exaggerating when I say I've tried on at least 40.  It's not a fun thing for me!!!  I'll make it home with one pair only to try them on again at home and wonder what in the world I was thinking.  

So, I set out today energized and excited to find a pair.  I grabbed about 7 or 8 and headed to the dressing room.  But right by the dressing rooms were the new swimsuits which just looked darn cute....sooo I think why not try a couple of those on too!  Again, WHAT WAS I THINKING???  It was not a pretty picture.   I know the lighting in the dressing rooms aren't the best, but I only wish what I saw today could be blamed on lighting!!!  :)  

So, when I got home I changed and decided by golly, I was going to run 2 miles.  Well, that didn't work so good.  For one, I'm just getting over strep throat.  And second, well...I haven't run in a very, very long time.  Needless to say, I didn't make it.  I did finish walking the whole two miles which has to count for something!

4 comments:

Becke' said...

Girl! I am right with you. I saw those cute swim thingies in target the other day and was dying to try one on...NOT! You beat me by a mile today if that makes you feel better! Baby steps, girl. Baby steps. Hey, I posted the recipe on my blog for you!

Kim said...

You're too funny!

Jenni said...

Kim,
I am in shock that you cannot find jeans since you are tiny! That is not very encouraging for me post-partum. If you can't find any, then I will NEVER find some that fit. I think part of the problem is that all the jeans now are made for 14 year old girls that have no hips and have not had babies. Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I've never understood where all the women are who they apparently make all of the jeans to fit. Very strange :)