Monday, July 28, 2008

Animal Safari









My mom and I took the girls to the Animal Safari up in Gentry last week.  Boy, was it ever hot!  And the flies were horrible.  I think by the time we loaded up in the van afterwards, there must have been around a hundred flies in there.  But despite the heat and pesky flies, we had a wonderful time.  It's a great place to get to pet all the animals and see them up close and personal.  We took my neice, Myrah too, which was a great time for us all.  She loved the all the animals and getting to feed them.  

There was a spider monkey that was in a cage playing.  So, we all got up close and wheeled Myrah right next to him.  Well, he just jumped right toward her stuck his long arms through the cage and grabbed her glasses off her head (which were around her head with a band).  He just pulled and pulled until the whole thing snapped off.  She just laughed and laughed.  The worker came and got Myrah's glasses and then put the monkey on a leash for the girls to "train."  Well, that monkey went right up to Anna and grabbed the back of her legs.  She panicked and started crying; it scared her to death.  But Myrah thought that was the funniest thing ever and just had herself a good belly laugh.  It was just a good time and hopefully, all the girls made memories.  I know mom and I did!  Here are some pics. 

1 comment:

Liz said...

How fun!!! I remember how much fun it was to take the kids there when they were small and even when they were teens!!! We haven't been in several years now... I think we are due a trip. :) Love ya!