Friday, February 20, 2009

"Yes" to the Earrings


About a year ago, Megan decided to get her ears pierced.  We went to WM, paid our money, picked out our earrings, and they had even marked her ears when she totally got scared and backed out.  So, I teasingly ask the girls occasionally if they want to go get their ears pierced.  And they always answer the same way....with an adamant "NO!"  Until yesterday. 

Somehow the subject came up with Anna so I asked her and this time she just quietly said, "Yes."  I was shocked.  I figured once I started talking about it she'd say no.  But she really wanted to do it.  So after MDO we went to WM and she got her ears pierced.  I have to say I was completely shocked at how well it went.  She didn't even cry.  She barely flinched.  When they put the earrings in she had this look on her face that I couldn't quite figure out.  I really figured when the ladies backed away and I held her she'd bury her face in my shoulder and cry.  But when the ladies backed away, she just smiled and was very proud of herself.  So, here's a picture of the new earrings.  As you can tell, Megan's little hand is in the pic helping to "showcase" Anna's ear.  The first thing Megan said when we got home was, "I want to go get my ears pierced right now."  She didn't want to wait.  The plan is to head to WM after she gets out of school and let her have her turn.  We'll see how it goes.  

No comments: