Wednesday, August 19, 2009


Well, today's the big day... Megan started back to school. She is now officially a 1st Grader!!! Of course, she was totally thrilled to be going back to school and never seemed a bit scared. But me, that's a different story. It's just so hard for me. Especially when I leave the school. That's the hardest because I feel like I'm walking away a little emptier. Luckily, some of us ladies got together for breakfast and prayer. That was fun and eased my sadness. And, it certainly helps having my sweet Sissy here with me. I've got one more year with her to enjoy. Next year, I'll be crying buckets of tears I imagine!




Anna and I made a "Crayon" cake for Megan and some of the neighborhood kids as a surprise when they get out of school. Plus, it helped the day pass more quickly. :)



Here's Megan with her teacher, Ms. Griffis, at the open house Monday night.


2 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

Kim! I have been having a hard time getting to your blog for some reason! Your girls are SOOOOOOOOOOO beautiful. Don't let them date till they are 30, K? :)

LOVE the Crayon cake Martha! What a precious idea!

So, do the Stuart boys already have dibs on pre-arranged marriages or do my boys stand a chance? haha!

Anonymous said...

So, so precious. Sorry we didn't get to see you this past Sunday; maybe soon! The cake is adorable. Great memories.
Barb