Sunday, June 14, 2009

Seattle Part 3

On Thursday, Jason, me and the girls went whale watching. We saw harbor seals, porpoises, eagles, Minke whales, a grey whale, puffins, and lots of other birds. The ride was fun, and Megan said it was her favorite part of the trip. Anna said her favorites were ice skating and feeding the seal. After the trip we ate at a Mexican place there by the ocean.



On Friday, we went ice skating with Laura and Schuyler. He takes speed lessons, and she takes figure skating lessons. They're really good and it was fun to watch them. It was Megan and Anna's first time on the ice, and now they can't wait to do it again.



Then we headed back to downtown Seattle and went to the Space Needle. We ate at the restaurant on top and then went outside to see the sights.





To top off our last night there, we got to watch Laura and Schuyler's belt ceremony for the Taekwondo lessons they take. Then we ate at the Rainforest Cafe before heading to the airport. Our flight left at 12:40 am. I got pretty sick on the first flight home. It was a 3 hour flight and by the end of it, I was actually praying I'd throw up ***and throw up before we landed so not everybody would be watching me. Well, the first part of my prayer was answered. But not the second part. I started throwing up after we landed--right about the time the other passengers were filing by our row. Megan was still asleep laying on my lap, and I was trying to be as inconspicuous as possible. But Jason later told me that everyone was staring. GREAT!!! Nice! We had two more flights home with two 1 1/2 hour layovers along the way. The second flight I still wasn't feeling great, but I was much better. By the third flight, I was fine. We didn't get home until around 12 noon Saturday. Needless to say, we all fell in bed and crashed. What a trip! Fun times! Good memories! Thanks to the Sparks for their hospitality and putting up with us. :)

No comments: